23 May 2019 - Session investigating Children's experience of faith in the school, home and parish
THURSDAY 23 MAY 2019 | 5pm-7pm
St Philip Howard Centre | 4 Southgate Drive | Crawley RH10 6RP
On 23 May, Dr Ann Casson (National Institute for Christian Education Research, Canterbury Christ Church University) and Sharon Freeman (La Trobe University, Victoria, Australia) will share on-going research from England and Australia investigating children’s experience of faith exploration in the school, home and parish
This is an opportunity to:
- Hear initial findings from research in English church schools and Australian parish settings
- Explore the implications for Catholic education in school, parish and home
- Give feedback, and share experiences that can help to shape future research
The format will be short presentation, followed by roundtable discussions.
- How do Catholic primary schools work with churches, to facilitate opportunities for children’s exploration of faith and spiritual life in the home?
- The Faith in the Nexus project is working with twenty church primary schools in England who recognise that a fruitful school, home and church relationship is key to supporting faith/spiritual exploration in the home. The project is asking questions such as:
- How do primary schools support this beyond the school walls?
- Where are the opportunities and what are the main obstacles?
- What governs and drives parishes to create particular programs for the preparation for the Sacraments?
- This research is investigating how Catholic parishes in the Archdiocese of Melbourne make programs for sacramental preparation. Research conducted by Catholic Education Melbourne and Catholic University Leuven, has driven the move to a dialogical religious education program in Catholic schools.
- How can we relate a hermeneutic approach to religious education to the parish context?
- What are the “spaces” created for Sacramental and religious learning?
The evening is for those interested in Catholic education in schools and parishes such as leaders/teachers in Catholic schools, governors, parish catechists, parish priests, academic researchers etc.
To book your place, please contact Claire Martin at the Diocesan Education Service on 01293 511130 or email email@example.com